A few weeks after the teasers, Jailbreak 13.3 iOS creator Luca Todesco released checkra1n, a brand new jailbreak utility based on an exploit from @maxi0mx exploiting a vulnerability in the device loader on A5-A11 processors. It’s first Jailbreak iOS 13.3 tool (including iOS 13.2.3 Jailbreak)
Checkra1n is a unique precedent we haven’t seen since limera1n for iPhone 4 with A4 processor. Unfortunately, the new way to iOS 13 Jailbreak is not untethered jailbreak, as was the case with limera1n, but it uses an exploit that Apple will not be able to fix with a software update, meaning that devices can be jailbroken regardless of the iOS version.
Currently, checkra1n beta supports jailbreaking iOS 13.3 – iOS 12.3 and higher on the iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 5S, excluding the iPad Air 2, iPad 5th Gen, and iPad Pro 1st Gen.
How To Jailbreak 13.3 iOS via Checkra1n:
- 1. Download the latest checkra1n application from here.
- 2. Double click the downloaded DMG file to extract it then drag the checkra1n icon onto the Applications folder icon.
- 3. Open your Applications folder, then right-click or control-click the checkra1n app and choose Open from the contextual menu.
- 4. Click Open to confirm you’d like to launch the checkra1n app.
- 5. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and click Start.
- 6. Click Next to put your device into Recovery Mode.
- 7. You’ll now be guided to put your device into DFU Mode.
- 8. Checkra1n will now jailbreak your device, rebooting it in the process.
- 9. Launch the new checkra1n app on your SpringBoard, select Cydia, then press the large Install Cydia button that appears.
- 10. Done
But it should be borne in mind that the updates will not be able to eliminate the vulnerability checkm8, they can still break the jailbreak checkra1n. Therefore, the utility must be supported as long as Apple releases updates for supported devices.
It is also worth noting that checkra1n is a semi-tied tool, which means that you will need to connect to the computer after each reboot of the device to restore the jailbreak. This method is still different from the tethered one because you will be able to use the device after rebooting with a clean iOS.
After a successful jailbreak, the checkra1n utility installs the Cydia package Manager. The iOS 13.3 Jailbreak said that other package managers will be supported in the future, most likely he meant Sileo.